The Villuercas-Ibores-Jara region, to which our farm in Castañar de Ibor resides, has been declared a UNESCO World Geopark given its diverse flora and flauna. The area spans over 2,500 square kilometers and offers a rich mix of geology, botany, biodiversity, and cultural history that would be impossible to introduce in this too-small space. Located in the eastern part of Cáceres, our corner of Extremadura sits closest to Madrid.
Chorrera de Calabazas
Translated as Pumpkin Spout, this tiny waterfall is located in our local Castañar de Ibor, and runs through a valley of chestnut and oak trees. Geology lovers will be particularly fascinated by what can be discovered here; find out more on this blog.
Vivencia Dehesa (Finca Valdepajares de Tajo)
- Alojamientos y actividades del Geoparque
- Datos de interés del Geoparque
- Rutas de senderísmo del Geoparque, which you can explore with forestry colleagues of ours who are deeply passionate about the great outdoors.
- Rutas por Extremadura
- Alojamiento y rutas en Extremadura
- Datos de la comarca Villuercas-Ibores-Jara
- The region offers a broad selection of hotels and charming rural accommodations. The Asociación de Empresarios del Geoparque includes many options for places you might wish to stay.
- Our farm is located between the Parador de Oropesa and the Parador de Guadalupe — if you’d like to stay in these historical hotels, the ideal plan is to stay at Parador de Guadalupe while visiting the Geopark, and then stay at Parador de Oropesa on the way back to Madrid.
Come visit us!
While you’re in the region, come visit our farm and try our olive oil!